Easy to ride Advanced eventer with fabulous cross country record. Only one cross country jump fault in two years. Placed top 10 at eight out of nine FEI 3-star and 2-star events in the past two years.
12yo 16.3hh Bay TB Gelding
Competed at four FEI 3-star events between October 2010 and May 2011 (two CCI*** and two CIC***). Achieved 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th.
This was preceeded by four FEI 2-star events between October 2009 and May 2010 (2 x CCI** and 2 x CIC**). Achieved two second, fifth and seventh, including reserve National 3-Day Champion CCI** (May 2010).
Absolute machine cross country. Exceptionally fast and gives his all even when tired.
Has had only one cross country fault since moving up from Novice Horse Trials. Was on track to be the only horse under time at National 3-star one day Championships when he didn't read a corner and glanced off. Jumped beautifully second time and despite easing off still finished with only 4.8 time faults, second fastest of the day.
Jumped clear cross country all other 3-stars (one CCI*** and two CIC***) and Advanced Horse Trials, along with all 2-stars (four) and all Intermediate Horse Trials.
Very easy and economical cross country. Balances beautifully into a fence. No need to take a pull or waste time (see headcam video of his cross country at Woodhill Sands Advanced and Richfields CIC***).
Placed 8th CCI*** National 3-Day Eventing Championships (May 2011). This was despite rider only having arrived from overseas 24 hours earlier and taking the first part of the cross country steady as unsure of fitness status.
- Dressage 57.9 penalties (6th).
- Cross country clear jumping at 9.2 time faults (only two horses inside time).
- Show jumping – unlucky to have the very last fence down (only three horses jumped clear).
- Finished 8th on 78.1 penalties.
Fourth CCI*** 3DE December 2010
Clear jumping both cross country and show jumping in CIC*** October 2010.
- One of only three horses to jump clear show jumping.
- Finished seventh having been taken steady cross country.
Reserve Champion National CCI** 3DE Championships (May 2010).
- Won dressage (53.6 penalties).
- Clear under time cross country.
- Unlucky rail, under time show jumping (would have won without this).
Second CIC** 2009 after only one Intermediate.
- One of only six horses to jump clear show jumping (out of 24 horses).
Seventh National One Day Championship CIC** November 2009.
Fifth CCI** December 2009.
Horse Trials Record
Won last Horse Trial (Open Intermediate) May 2011.
Never out of top 10 placegetters at last 10 events completed (withdrawn pre-cross country at three Horse Trials with very poor ground conditions).
Overall competed at 40 eventing competitions since starting as an eight-year-old, and placed in top 10 at 24 of these. Numerous placings at all levels.
54 Horse Trial points – could have many more but has not been pushed cross country generally at Horse Trials. Great for Young Rider as can compete at Intermediate Horse Trials.
Show jumping record
Only competed at straight show jumping on two occasions – once 2010 and once 2011.
- 2010 – won 1.20m class with clear first round and jump off.
- 2011 – won 1.15m with only clear in first round. Also jumped clear in jump off.
- Won 1.20m with only clear in first round.
Lovely forward moving and thinking on the flat with three natural athletic paces. Scored 68.9% with top eventing judge Judy Bradwell in 2-star test. In her opinion he would be in top three in any company after dressage on what she saw.
By Wallena out of Ice Striker.
Born 10th November 1999.