Quality proven Novice eventer with real ability in all phases to go high level.
16.2hh 9yo Bay Gelding
Beautifully bred sporthorse by the warmblood stallion Ramirez out of a stationbred mare, Look Whos Talking that won the six-year-old show jumping series in New Zealand. Bred by Donna & Lloyd Worthington of Kaipora Stud. Used by them as a stallion, gelded as a four-year-old.
Started career as a dressage horse as he has beautiful paces. Then turned his hand to hunting, and show jumping before we acquired him to take eventing.
Rapidly moved up in the grades in eventing due to his natural ability and previous breadth of experience with dressage, show jumping and hunting.
Qualified to now move up to Intermediate/2-star level with good performance at National CCI* 3-Day Eventing Championships (May 2011).
- Rider had not sat on the horse since 2010, having previously only competed at one Training level horse trial with him. Only arrived from overseas the day before the competition. Was unsure about fitness preparation due to not managing it himself so took all three horses steady early on course hence time faults with all three. This was the agreed plan and meant all horses finished in excellent shape after cross country.
- 54.6 dressage.
- Technical '20' cross country when rider crossed tracks at water fence (6 other riders also made the same mistake – none realized couldn't cross approach to 'A' element when navigating to 'D' element). (Can be seen on the video as no error by the horse).
- 6.8 time faults cross country.
- One rail in show jumping, clear time.
Consistent performer at Novice Horse trials with less experienced small rider.
- Winning dressage (70.9%) at April 2011 event, although reduced to 70.0% with error of course (out of 32 starters).
Competed by junior and young rider at lower levels with success despite lack of experience.
Placed second at first ever Horse Trial in 2010:
- 70% dressage (4th out of 30 starters).
- Clear show jumping.
- Clear cross country with 3.2 time faults.
- Final score 33.2 (second place).
This horse has great paces. Early-2011 ridden in dressage by a visitor from Germany who loved him!
Lovely jump technique. Extremely brave and bold over all types of fences – water, ditches, banks, skinnies, corners, etc. Would never stop.
Very impressive type of horse and straightforward and easy in all three phases.
Snaffle mouth, no martingale in all phases. Great brain.
Will move up the grades quickly. Definitely got the ability to go Advanced, but is easy enough for a less experienced rider.
Born 26th December 2002.
Vetted November 2010.