Proven 2-star eventer, very easy yet talented. Great young rider horse. Ready to go Advanced.
11yo 16.1hh Bay TB Gelding
Placed 8th National CCI** 3 Day Eventing Championships (May 2011)
- 4th after dressage (52.9 penalties) out of 40 starters
- Clear cross country over tough track (only 25 starters were clear). 8 time faults, but finished full of running.
- One unlucky rail show jumping (only 12 clears of whole class). Clear on time.
- Would have been 4th without cross country time.
- Rider had not sat on the horse for 12 months – only arrived from overseas the day before the competition. Was unsure about fitness preparation due to not managing it himself so took all three horses steady early on course hence time faults with all three. This was the agreed plan and meant all horses finished in excellent shape after cross country.
Carried inexperienced young rider around tough Intermediate Horse Trials track in awful deep mud conditions, clear cross country to finish 6th out of 28 starters. Was also placed every time with her (2nd to 6th) at Novice/Prelim horse trials in 2011.
2010 National CCI* 3DE Championships (May 2010)
- Dressage 66.4% (50.4 penalties).
- Clear under time cross country.
- One rail show jumping, clear time.
- Final score 54.5 finishing 17th out of 66 starters.
2010 Eventing Season Horse Trials
- Always well placed or won dressage. Scores as high as 77.5%.
- Always clear cross country.
- Only one rail total show jumping.
With previous rider
Winner Novice Horse Trials
- Won dressage with 70.9% (29.1 penalties).
- Clear show jumping.
- Clear cross country, 3.6 time faults
- Winner on 32.7 penalties (out of 26 starters).
Placed second CCI* 3DE
- Won dressage (30.7 penalties) and clear under time cross country. Other placings Novice Horse Trials (including second, only beaten by Clifton Razz). Placed at Intermediate Horse Trials (31.9 penalties dressage, clear jumping cross country with one rail show jumping).
Clifton Airtight has 28 (Intermediate) eventing points and is ready and easily talented enough to move up to Advanced level.
Very easy horse to ride in all three phases. Does not hot up or pull. Snaffle mouth in everything. Great Junior/Young rider horse as he has an excellent scopey jump with impressive technique – hates to hit a fence. Does not get stressed if rider does not always see a perfect distance. He is clever and athletic with the scope to get out of trouble.
111 dressage points, competed successfully at Level 3.
Good looking, short-coupled strong type of Thoroughbred. Three excellent dressage paces and good gallop.
By Justice Prevails out of Melody Tempo.
Fully vetted, including x-rays and scope in March 2010.
Note: Novice Horse Trial level in New Zealand equates to Preliminary Horse Trial level in the USA.