Clifton Eventers Scholarship
Young Rider Scholarship Available
Clifton Eventers is offering a Junior/Young Rider Training Scholarship at their Muriwai eventing base.
The successful applicant needs to be naturally talented, but more importantly committed, hard working and serious about learning how to develop horses and themselves to represent New Zealand at top-level eventing.
The scholarship is usually awarded for just one season (i.e., Sept – Dec or Jan – May), but it can be extended for the right individual.
This scholarship follows the inaugural Junior Event Rider Scholarships awarded in combination with Richfields 3DE and Horse & Pony Magazine. These occurred in January 2009 and led to great results from the participants.
- All three main winers have successfully moved up to Intermediate Eventing
- All Individual winners at 2009 Pony Club Champs were scholarship winners
The individual may bring their own horse (but not essential) but will also be given a chance to ride and compete horses from the Clifton Eventers team – ranging from talented green youngsters to experienced Advanced horses.
They will receive formal regular lessons plus ongoing instruction in every aspect of successful eventing.
They will also have normal horse costs covered, including trucking and entries. They will receive free accommodation plus a small allowance.
Clifton Eventers – Proven Performers
Won the ‘trifecta' of eventing 2008/09:
- Leading combination – Clifton Promise and Jonathan Paget
- Leading rider – Jonathan Paget
- Leading owner – Frances Stead
Clifton Eventers has successfully represented New Zealand internationally on a regular basis since 2001:
- 1st and 2nd placed team horses in four-star Trans-Taman competition 2005
- Only private owner to have two horses representing their country at WEG 2006
- Clifton Promise finished seventh at WEG 2010
2012 Olympics squad
- Clifton Lush and Clifton Promise and Jonathan Paget
If interested please contact Jonathan Paget at with a brief explanation of why you feel you are good candidate for this scholarship.